Jul 18, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Just read this from Wezen-Ball. I’ve never heard this story before. Short version: Starting on Septemeber 9, the 1930 Cardinals kept getting telegrams from a man who correctly predicted the outcome of every game between then and on through Game 5 of the World Series.
It’s kinda creepy, really. And the last bit about the man’s death made me instantly think of the “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose” episode of “X-Files.”
Cut me some slack. That was the best show ever. And if circumstances and a restraining order hadn’t gotten in the way, I would have married Agent Scully back in 1995 or so.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)