Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen returned to Chicago yesterday and he was met by a zillion Chicago reporters who want to talk about his time with the White Sox. And the fact that, now that Ozzie is gone, the White Sox are in first place and playing great.
Ozzie has kind words for Robin Ventura and the Sox in general, but he wants you to know that their winning ways are not the result of addition by subtraction:
“It’s not fair when I see a couple of idiots say the team is playing better because so-and-so’s not here … I don’t blame them a bit about the way they think, but don’t say they’re winning because I’m not there. That’s not fair. That’s not fair at all. They have the same guys as last year. You talk about Greg Walker — how bad a hitting coach he was — well, I think a lot of Braves are doing pretty good.”
There’s video of all of this over at CSNChicago.com.
I still think the best thing Ozzie did yesterday, as mentioned in this morning’s recaps, was to point at the finger on which he wears his World Series ring when the Cubs fans booed him last night.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (119)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)