Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen returned to Chicago yesterday and he was met by a zillion Chicago reporters who want to talk about his time with the White Sox. And the fact that, now that Ozzie is gone, the White Sox are in first place and playing great.
Ozzie has kind words for Robin Ventura and the Sox in general, but he wants you to know that their winning ways are not the result of addition by subtraction:
“It’s not fair when I see a couple of idiots say the team is playing better because so-and-so’s not here … I don’t blame them a bit about the way they think, but don’t say they’re winning because I’m not there. That’s not fair. That’s not fair at all. They have the same guys as last year. You talk about Greg Walker — how bad a hitting coach he was — well, I think a lot of Braves are doing pretty good.”
There’s video of all of this over at CSNChicago.com.
I still think the best thing Ozzie did yesterday, as mentioned in this morning’s recaps, was to point at the finger on which he wears his World Series ring when the Cubs fans booed him last night.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)