Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen returned to Chicago yesterday and he was met by a zillion Chicago reporters who want to talk about his time with the White Sox. And the fact that, now that Ozzie is gone, the White Sox are in first place and playing great.
Ozzie has kind words for Robin Ventura and the Sox in general, but he wants you to know that their winning ways are not the result of addition by subtraction:
“It’s not fair when I see a couple of idiots say the team is playing better because so-and-so’s not here … I don’t blame them a bit about the way they think, but don’t say they’re winning because I’m not there. That’s not fair. That’s not fair at all. They have the same guys as last year. You talk about Greg Walker — how bad a hitting coach he was — well, I think a lot of Braves are doing pretty good.”
There’s video of all of this over at CSNChicago.com.
I still think the best thing Ozzie did yesterday, as mentioned in this morning’s recaps, was to point at the finger on which he wears his World Series ring when the Cubs fans booed him last night.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)