Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen returned to Chicago yesterday and he was met by a zillion Chicago reporters who want to talk about his time with the White Sox. And the fact that, now that Ozzie is gone, the White Sox are in first place and playing great.
Ozzie has kind words for Robin Ventura and the Sox in general, but he wants you to know that their winning ways are not the result of addition by subtraction:
“It’s not fair when I see a couple of idiots say the team is playing better because so-and-so’s not here … I don’t blame them a bit about the way they think, but don’t say they’re winning because I’m not there. That’s not fair. That’s not fair at all. They have the same guys as last year. You talk about Greg Walker — how bad a hitting coach he was — well, I think a lot of Braves are doing pretty good.”
There’s video of all of this over at CSNChicago.com.
I still think the best thing Ozzie did yesterday, as mentioned in this morning’s recaps, was to point at the finger on which he wears his World Series ring when the Cubs fans booed him last night.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (92)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)