Jul 18, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Ryan Braun left last night’s game after aggravating a lingering groin injury and as expected he’s not in the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Milwaukee has Thursday off, so this gives Braun some extra rest before potentially rejoining the lineup Friday in Cincinnati for what’s the start of 12 games in 12 days.
Of course, he’s no sure thing to be ready by then. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Braun “has been receiving treatment for that ailment since it sidelined him a couple of games in spring training.”
Braun explained that he’s “had it all year, off and on” and “I try to manage as best I can.”
Braun started 84 of the Brewers’ first 90 games, hitting .309 with a .394 on-base percentage and .608 slugging percentage to nearly duplicate his MVP-winning .397 on-base percentage and .597 slugging percentage from last season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)