Jul 18, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Ryan Braun left last night’s game after aggravating a lingering groin injury and as expected he’s not in the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Milwaukee has Thursday off, so this gives Braun some extra rest before potentially rejoining the lineup Friday in Cincinnati for what’s the start of 12 games in 12 days.
Of course, he’s no sure thing to be ready by then. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Braun “has been receiving treatment for that ailment since it sidelined him a couple of games in spring training.”
Braun explained that he’s “had it all year, off and on” and “I try to manage as best I can.”
Braun started 84 of the Brewers’ first 90 games, hitting .309 with a .394 on-base percentage and .608 slugging percentage to nearly duplicate his MVP-winning .397 on-base percentage and .597 slugging percentage from last season.
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 1
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 4
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)