Jul 18, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Ryan Braun left last night’s game after aggravating a lingering groin injury and as expected he’s not in the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Milwaukee has Thursday off, so this gives Braun some extra rest before potentially rejoining the lineup Friday in Cincinnati for what’s the start of 12 games in 12 days.
Of course, he’s no sure thing to be ready by then. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Braun “has been receiving treatment for that ailment since it sidelined him a couple of games in spring training.”
Braun explained that he’s “had it all year, off and on” and “I try to manage as best I can.”
Braun started 84 of the Brewers’ first 90 games, hitting .309 with a .394 on-base percentage and .608 slugging percentage to nearly duplicate his MVP-winning .397 on-base percentage and .597 slugging percentage from last season.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 21
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)