Jul 18, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Ryan Braun left last night’s game after aggravating a lingering groin injury and as expected he’s not in the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Milwaukee has Thursday off, so this gives Braun some extra rest before potentially rejoining the lineup Friday in Cincinnati for what’s the start of 12 games in 12 days.
Of course, he’s no sure thing to be ready by then. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Braun “has been receiving treatment for that ailment since it sidelined him a couple of games in spring training.”
Braun explained that he’s “had it all year, off and on” and “I try to manage as best I can.”
Braun started 84 of the Brewers’ first 90 games, hitting .309 with a .394 on-base percentage and .608 slugging percentage to nearly duplicate his MVP-winning .397 on-base percentage and .597 slugging percentage from last season.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 0
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 1
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 37
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)