Jul 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Earlier this week there was a bomb threat against the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit with the famous South Detroit mentioned in the song “Don’t Stop Believin'” (i.e. Windsor, Ontario). That was a hoax. Then this last night:
Detroit Police are confirming to 7 Action News that a bomb threat was made against Comerica Park on Tuesday night. According to police spokesperson Sergeant Eren Stephens the threat was called into 911 at 8:00 p.m.
This one was not a hoax. The bomb turned out to be Jacob Turner (2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER).
No actual explosives were found either.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)