Jul 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Earlier this week there was a bomb threat against the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit with the famous South Detroit mentioned in the song “Don’t Stop Believin’” (i.e. Windsor, Ontario). That was a hoax. Then this last night:
Detroit Police are confirming to 7 Action News that a bomb threat was made against Comerica Park on Tuesday night. According to police spokesperson Sergeant Eren Stephens the threat was called into 911 at 8:00 p.m.
This one was not a hoax. The bomb turned out to be Jacob Turner (2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER).
No actual explosives were found either.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)