Jul 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Earlier this week there was a bomb threat against the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit with the famous South Detroit mentioned in the song “Don’t Stop Believin’” (i.e. Windsor, Ontario). That was a hoax. Then this last night:
Detroit Police are confirming to 7 Action News that a bomb threat was made against Comerica Park on Tuesday night. According to police spokesperson Sergeant Eren Stephens the threat was called into 911 at 8:00 p.m.
This one was not a hoax. The bomb turned out to be Jacob Turner (2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER).
No actual explosives were found either.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)