Jul 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Earlier this week there was a bomb threat against the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit with the famous South Detroit mentioned in the song “Don’t Stop Believin'” (i.e. Windsor, Ontario). That was a hoax. Then this last night:
Detroit Police are confirming to 7 Action News that a bomb threat was made against Comerica Park on Tuesday night. According to police spokesperson Sergeant Eren Stephens the threat was called into 911 at 8:00 p.m.
This one was not a hoax. The bomb turned out to be Jacob Turner (2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER).
No actual explosives were found either.
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 0
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 136
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 9
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (136)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)