Jul 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Earlier this week there was a bomb threat against the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit with the famous South Detroit mentioned in the song “Don’t Stop Believin'” (i.e. Windsor, Ontario). That was a hoax. Then this last night:
Detroit Police are confirming to 7 Action News that a bomb threat was made against Comerica Park on Tuesday night. According to police spokesperson Sergeant Eren Stephens the threat was called into 911 at 8:00 p.m.
This one was not a hoax. The bomb turned out to be Jacob Turner (2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER).
No actual explosives were found either.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 0
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 45
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)