Jul 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Sure enough Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Greinke will avoid the disabled list and return to the rotation Tuesday against the Phillies.
That would have been his normal rest had he started as planned today, which means they’re truly skipping Greinke in the rotation for one turn. It also means he’ll be matched up with Cliff Lee next week in a heavily scouted and very interesting game.
And it could be Greinke’s final start in a Brewers uniform, because his next turn in the rotation after that would be July 29 and … well, if the outing versus the Phillies goes well general manager Doug Melvin may have found a taker for him by then.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)