Jul 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Sure enough Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Greinke will avoid the disabled list and return to the rotation Tuesday against the Phillies.
That would have been his normal rest had he started as planned today, which means they’re truly skipping Greinke in the rotation for one turn. It also means he’ll be matched up with Cliff Lee next week in a heavily scouted and very interesting game.
And it could be Greinke’s final start in a Brewers uniform, because his next turn in the rotation after that would be July 29 and … well, if the outing versus the Phillies goes well general manager Doug Melvin may have found a taker for him by then.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)