Jul 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Sure enough Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Greinke will avoid the disabled list and return to the rotation Tuesday against the Phillies.
That would have been his normal rest had he started as planned today, which means they’re truly skipping Greinke in the rotation for one turn. It also means he’ll be matched up with Cliff Lee next week in a heavily scouted and very interesting game.
And it could be Greinke’s final start in a Brewers uniform, because his next turn in the rotation after that would be July 29 and … well, if the outing versus the Phillies goes well general manager Doug Melvin may have found a taker for him by then.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)