Jul 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Sure enough Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Greinke will avoid the disabled list and return to the rotation Tuesday against the Phillies.
That would have been his normal rest had he started as planned today, which means they’re truly skipping Greinke in the rotation for one turn. It also means he’ll be matched up with Cliff Lee next week in a heavily scouted and very interesting game.
And it could be Greinke’s final start in a Brewers uniform, because his next turn in the rotation after that would be July 29 and … well, if the outing versus the Phillies goes well general manager Doug Melvin may have found a taker for him by then.
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 0
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M