Jul 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Sure enough Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Greinke will avoid the disabled list and return to the rotation Tuesday against the Phillies.
That would have been his normal rest had he started as planned today, which means they’re truly skipping Greinke in the rotation for one turn. It also means he’ll be matched up with Cliff Lee next week in a heavily scouted and very interesting game.
And it could be Greinke’s final start in a Brewers uniform, because his next turn in the rotation after that would be July 29 and … well, if the outing versus the Phillies goes well general manager Doug Melvin may have found a taker for him by then.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17