Jul 19, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Price barely beat the Mets’ R.A. Dickey to the punch today. Those two had been tied with the Rangers’ Matt Harrison and the Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez at 12 wins. Dickey would pick up his 13th victory by outdueling Gonzalez in a game that ended about 20 minutes after Tampa Bay’s game.
Price is 5-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last six starts and 13-4 with a 2.64 ERA overall. His last loss actually came at the hands of Dickey, who threw a complete game against the Rays in the Mets’ 9-1 win on June 13.
Price is now 5-0 with a 1.64 ERA in six lifetime starts versus Cleveland.
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 33
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 59
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- Cardinals reportedly making a strong push to acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 49
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)