Jul 19, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Price barely beat the Mets’ R.A. Dickey to the punch today. Those two had been tied with the Rangers’ Matt Harrison and the Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez at 12 wins. Dickey would pick up his 13th victory by outdueling Gonzalez in a game that ended about 20 minutes after Tampa Bay’s game.
Price is 5-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last six starts and 13-4 with a 2.64 ERA overall. His last loss actually came at the hands of Dickey, who threw a complete game against the Rays in the Mets’ 9-1 win on June 13.
Price is now 5-0 with a 1.64 ERA in six lifetime starts versus Cleveland.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)