Jul 19, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Price barely beat the Mets’ R.A. Dickey to the punch today. Those two had been tied with the Rangers’ Matt Harrison and the Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez at 12 wins. Dickey would pick up his 13th victory by outdueling Gonzalez in a game that ended about 20 minutes after Tampa Bay’s game.
Price is 5-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last six starts and 13-4 with a 2.64 ERA overall. His last loss actually came at the hands of Dickey, who threw a complete game against the Rays in the Mets’ 9-1 win on June 13.
Price is now 5-0 with a 1.64 ERA in six lifetime starts versus Cleveland.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (155)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)