Jul 19, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
Price barely beat the Mets’ R.A. Dickey to the punch today. Those two had been tied with the Rangers’ Matt Harrison and the Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez at 12 wins. Dickey would pick up his 13th victory by outdueling Gonzalez in a game that ended about 20 minutes after Tampa Bay’s game.
Price is 5-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last six starts and 13-4 with a 2.64 ERA overall. His last loss actually came at the hands of Dickey, who threw a complete game against the Rays in the Mets’ 9-1 win on June 13.
Price is now 5-0 with a 1.64 ERA in six lifetime starts versus Cleveland.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)