Jul 19, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
Price barely beat the Mets’ R.A. Dickey to the punch today. Those two had been tied with the Rangers’ Matt Harrison and the Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez at 12 wins. Dickey would pick up his 13th victory by outdueling Gonzalez in a game that ended about 20 minutes after Tampa Bay’s game.
Price is 5-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last six starts and 13-4 with a 2.64 ERA overall. His last loss actually came at the hands of Dickey, who threw a complete game against the Rays in the Mets’ 9-1 win on June 13.
Price is now 5-0 with a 1.64 ERA in six lifetime starts versus Cleveland.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)