End of a fairytale: Kris and Anna Benson are getting divorced

Jul 19, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT

Children At Heart Gala To Benefit Children Of Chernobyl Getty Images

Anna Benson once went on the Howard Stern show and said that if husband Kris Benson ever cheated on her, she’d sleep with every one of his New York Mets teammates. Not sure if that works retroactively, but if it does, it’s Steve Trachsel’s lucky day:

Anna Benson, star of VH1’s “Baseball Wives” and mother to Kris Benson’s three children, was served with divorce papers in March after she said she discovered evidence he was having an affair.

“I’m very sad about this,” Benson told FOX411 exclusively. “Kris was my whole life. And he left me for someone else and he just abandoned us. I’m scared and I just don’t know what I’m going to do or how I’m going to take care of these kids.”

The story has way, way more detail about Kris Benson’s alleged infidelities and the particulars of the divorce fight that is shaping up between what was once baseball’s most notable marriage.

I’m sort of torn here. On the one hand, god, divorce is horrible, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, even Anna Benson, and I feel kinda bad.

On the other hand: jeez Anna, I over-share when it comes to my personal life, so if even I think you’re putting a little too much out there when it comes to the details of all of this, you’re probably going way over the top.

Oh, and I’m sorry for possibly putting the image of Steve Trachsel having sex in your head. That is the worst kind of horrible I can imagine.

1. Carter Dotson - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

There’s a Steve Trachsel doesn’t work quickly joke here that I can’t fully formulate because my brain refuses to do so.

• Kevin S. - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Steve Trachsel takes longer than anybody else before sending the ball(s) home.

• MattJanik - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I believe the joke you’re looking for here is that you’re suspicious Trachsel was taking his time on the mound as a way of overcompensating for his, well, let’s say “brevity” in other areas of life.

• Old Gator - Jul 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

You could have done worse, Craig. Thank Buddha you didn’t put the image of Kevin Youkilis having sex out there. You might have slowed the Asian birthrate.

• eshine76 - Jul 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

“Hey Anna, give me a call! I know how to take my time on the mound and my long delivery really drives them crazy.” – Steve

2. deathmonkey41 - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Since Bobby Bonilla is getting paid by the Mets until 2072, does he still count?

• sandpiperair - Jul 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

It’s a good joke, but deadspin got there first, and said:

“In New York, she told Howard Stern that if he cheated on her, she’d sleep with all his Mets teammates. (Somewhere, Cliff Floyd wonders what the statute of limitations on that promise was.)”

• badintent - Jul 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Can I join the Mets roster for a day ????, I’ll bring some KY, she gotta get dry getting busy with all the players.

3. oldpaddy - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Financially, kris would be better off if she f’d all his exteamates.
    He’s f’d. Goodbye Ritz, hello Howard Johnson’s!

• Craig Calcaterra - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Nope: read the article. They have a prenup.

• oldpaddy - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Prenup shmenup. He’ll feel the pain when it comes to child support.
        Besides, how often do those prenups hold up after 7+ years of marriage and 3 kids?

• surefooted1 - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Prenups usually include specifics about children.

• deathmonkey41 - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Yeah, but Howard Johnson’s going to get laid too, right? Some Mojo for Hojo.

• hojo20 - Jul 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Not tonight for this Hojo.

• badintent - Jul 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM

HJ, 29 flavors and ball players and counting !!

4. sdelmonte - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

And this is why, if the Mets don’t do a thing and stick with that sieve of a bullpen, I won’t be upset. Because deadline deals can produce the Bensons.

OK, and Zambrano too. But he was merely an on-the-field embarrassment.

5. sophiethegreatdane - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Forgive the football reference on a baseball page, but Kris Benson really out-kicked his coverage on that one, didn’t he?

6. randygnyc - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I caught a few of those vh1 episodes. Besides being hideously grotesque in appearance, and having absolutely no class, Anna has some very serious mental health issues, IMO. Kris could do much better if he went to a crack infested whorehouse and randomly chose a new girl.

7. pjmitch - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

If these two great kids can’t make it, is there any real hope for the rest of us?

8. mybrunoblog - Jul 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Anna Benson was the basebal version of Kim Kardashian. Annoying, no real talent and being famous for doing nothing.
    In fairness to Benson she didn’t have a sex tape like Kardashian but hey, there’s still time.

9. raybrower - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

See, this is exactly why I never became a professional baseball player or married a model.

• aceshigh11 - Jul 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Are you sure it’s not because of no discernible athletic ability or good looks?

10. atworkident - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

What does Kris Benson do these days? She may be worth more than him. She may have to pay his bills.

11. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

“I’m scared and I just don’t know what I’m going to do or how I’m going to take care of these kids.”

I put this in Google Translator, Gold Digger to English, and it says:

“You are going to pay me tons and tons of money regardless of the pre-nup.”

• borderline1988 - Jul 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM

gold!

12. jfk69 - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Millions of other do on whole lot less
    or
    Well Ana you could start by putting your ego aside and seeing if the marrige can be salvaged. Apparently you are not as hot as we were led to believe. Of course the Mets have open additions daily as they search for cheap bullpen relief. How is your curveball?

• badintent - Jul 20, 2012 at 1:33 AM

no curve ball but she got a funky spit Finger pitch.And matching dildo.

13. seanb20124 - Jul 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

She’s bit past her sell by date

14. crillbill - Jul 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Prenups are rock solid and the child support is typically based on income and I doubt his income is very high at this point.

Prenups typically never include any type of money for children as states determine all benefits for children.

Sucks for the 3 kids.

• paperlions - Jul 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Yeah, I’m sure their lives are horrible.

15. ningenito78 - Jul 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I’m pretty sure I could make the Mets as a bullpen pitcher. Does that count?

16. fb29 - Jul 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Alarm bells started ringing in my head when she referred to her kids as “these kids”, as in, who are these kids? Who is going to take care of these kids? Poor kids. With parents like that, who needs enemies.

17. onbucky96 - Jul 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Time for a pictoral. Classy and dignified, of course.

18. dcbear90 - Jul 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Cumming, GA.

Heh heh heh. He said cumming.

19. genericcommenter - Jul 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

The article I read earlier stated that she gets 4 grand a month and wanted him to buy a $300,000- $400,000 houses, but he wanted her and the kids to stay in some investment property ( $58,000 house in the getto, as she put it). She was making a big deal about the kids being listed as homeless with their schools.

He made close to $40 million and still works. I’m not saying he should be stingy with his kids, BUT..

Plenty of people raise kids on less than $4,000/mo, and I’m going to go out on a limb here and say anyone who has $4,000 a month coming in could not be homeless except by choice. Yeah, maybe he is required to provide housing in addition to the money, but housing is typically the primary expense for everyone- if she has $4 grand coming in she can find her kids a house or apt. No one’s forcing them to be “homeless.” And if someone lets their kids become homeless while they have significant money coming in, that person is a terrible parent.

• daspyknows - Jul 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM

$4k/mo for 3 kids. He is getting off easy. I have one, made 10% of what Kris Benson did and pay . pretty darn close to that, If its $4k/each then she does ok.

• genericcommenter - Jul 24, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Not saying he isn’t getting off easy, but there are millions of parents who make less than $4k a month, which is well above the pre-tax income of the average U.S. Worker and manage to do OK. A 4-person household that nets almost 50 grand does fairly well in most of the U.S. If no one works and the head of household is “disabled” they can do even better- since they aren’t beholden to living in a trendy high cost of living area to be close to a hip job. Show me a homeless 4 person family with $4k a month in cash coming in, and I’ll show you a family with severe substance abuse, mental illness, and/or spending problem, or someone who wants to be homeless for whatever reason. Heck, you can buy a new build 5BR/3BA house with den/in law suite/study/finished basement and garage for around $1200 in my city. taxes included. I know people who make decent incomes and pay $100/mo in child support.

20. sawxalicious - Jul 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Well Craig is the legal expert here, but I believe the state the divorce is filed in would have jurisdiction over any prenup. I think certain states look at prenups as optional guidelines. Since Kris initiated the divorce, I ‘m assuming his attorneys had that in mind. That being said, Hell hath no fury….

21. bravojawja - Jul 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hm. The house just down the street from me just sold in foreclosure for about $58K. I wonder if we’re gonna have a new neighbor with kids? Though for the kids’ sake, I hope not — our schools are terrible.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (4929)