Jul 19, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
After the business from last night, I and everyone else assumed that Tim Hudson was going to plunk Melky Cabrera today. Well, so far no. Cabrera just had his first at bat of the game and he hit an infield single. Hudson made no effort to hit him.
I’d like to think that this is a high-road thing, but I kinda doubt it. It was probably more of a “don’t intentionally put a base runner on in the first inning thing.” When Cabrera comes up later with, say, two outs or if the game is out of hand one way or the other, he’s probably gonna take a shot to the ribs.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)