Jul 19, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
After the business from last night, I and everyone else assumed that Tim Hudson was going to plunk Melky Cabrera today. Well, so far no. Cabrera just had his first at bat of the game and he hit an infield single. Hudson made no effort to hit him.
I’d like to think that this is a high-road thing, but I kinda doubt it. It was probably more of a “don’t intentionally put a base runner on in the first inning thing.” When Cabrera comes up later with, say, two outs or if the game is out of hand one way or the other, he’s probably gonna take a shot to the ribs.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 40
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 75
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)