Jul 19, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Yeah, I know we’ve beaten this one to death, but people keep saying fun things, so here we are. This time: Bert Blyleven on WFAN yesterday, talking about Reggie Jackson insulting him as not being Hall-of-Fame worthy:
“God gives us many holes in our body,” Blyleven said Wednesday morning. “And he just spoke out of the wrong one. That’s the way I look at it.”
Blyleven knows all about that.
Anyway, he says that Reggie called him to apologize and it’s water under the bridge. He was a bit miffed that Jackson included Kirby Puckett and Gary Carter, though, what with them being dead and all.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)