Jul 19, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Yeah, I know we’ve beaten this one to death, but people keep saying fun things, so here we are. This time: Bert Blyleven on WFAN yesterday, talking about Reggie Jackson insulting him as not being Hall-of-Fame worthy:
“God gives us many holes in our body,” Blyleven said Wednesday morning. “And he just spoke out of the wrong one. That’s the way I look at it.”
Blyleven knows all about that.
Anyway, he says that Reggie called him to apologize and it’s water under the bridge. He was a bit miffed that Jackson included Kirby Puckett and Gary Carter, though, what with them being dead and all.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)