Jul 19, 2012, 9:18 AM EST
Yeah, I know we’ve beaten this one to death, but people keep saying fun things, so here we are. This time: Bert Blyleven on WFAN yesterday, talking about Reggie Jackson insulting him as not being Hall-of-Fame worthy:
“God gives us many holes in our body,” Blyleven said Wednesday morning. “And he just spoke out of the wrong one. That’s the way I look at it.”
Blyleven knows all about that.
Anyway, he says that Reggie called him to apologize and it’s water under the bridge. He was a bit miffed that Jackson included Kirby Puckett and Gary Carter, though, what with them being dead and all.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)