Jul 19, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
You’ll be thrilled to know that Reggie Jackson has rejoined the Yankees for tonight’s series opener against the Athletics. Jackson, who is a “special advisor” with the Yankees, recently took a leave of absence from the team after he said Kirby Puckett, Gary Carter, Bert Blyleven, Jim Rice, Don Sutton, and Phil Niekro shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame and questioned the legitimacy of Alex Rodriguez‘s numbers.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, Jackson refused to address the recent controversy.
Reggie Jackson: "I'm here like you - to watch the games. To watch them keep winning."—
Mark Feinsand (@BloggingBombers) July 19, 2012
Pretty nice gig if you can get it. Conveniently, Jackson is hanging out with the Yankees this weekend instead of attending the Hall of Fame inductions in Cooperstown on Sunday. Probably not going to be a very popular guy among that group.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 19
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)