Jul 19, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
This is so great:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 19, 2012
Kendall last played in the bigs in 2010. It was with the Royals, and he hit .256/.318/.297. Unless you count his 57-game stint with the Cubs in 2007, he was last useful as a major leaguer about six years ago. I don’t know that he was ever a useful defensive catcher.
One can only assume that this signing fulfills the final step in some complex tontine or something which Dayton Moore is administering.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)