Jul 19, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
This is so great:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 19, 2012
Kendall last played in the bigs in 2010. It was with the Royals, and he hit .256/.318/.297. Unless you count his 57-game stint with the Cubs in 2007, he was last useful as a major leaguer about six years ago. I don’t know that he was ever a useful defensive catcher.
One can only assume that this signing fulfills the final step in some complex tontine or something which Dayton Moore is administering.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12