Jul 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Braves pitchers went the whole game without hitting Melky Cabrera in the 3-2 win over the Giants. Indeed, the only incident of any kind of all was when, after he hit a triple, Melky Cabrera gave some sort of “I’m number one” gesture to the booing Atlanta fans.
So, between that and yesterday, baseball’s old school rules did not call for a plunking, Tim Hudson?
“We won the game. That’s all that matters,” Hudson said. “Whenever they want to strut around when they lose, that’s fine. That’s their own thing.”
The high road. Is that so hard? Doesn’t seem so.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 69
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 161
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (161)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (122)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (107)