Jul 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
Braves pitchers went the whole game without hitting Melky Cabrera in the 3-2 win over the Giants. Indeed, the only incident of any kind of all was when, after he hit a triple, Melky Cabrera gave some sort of “I’m number one” gesture to the booing Atlanta fans.
So, between that and yesterday, baseball’s old school rules did not call for a plunking, Tim Hudson?
“We won the game. That’s all that matters,” Hudson said. “Whenever they want to strut around when they lose, that’s fine. That’s their own thing.”
The high road. Is that so hard? Doesn’t seem so.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (88)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)