Jul 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Braves pitchers went the whole game without hitting Melky Cabrera in the 3-2 win over the Giants. Indeed, the only incident of any kind of all was when, after he hit a triple, Melky Cabrera gave some sort of “I’m number one” gesture to the booing Atlanta fans.
So, between that and yesterday, baseball’s old school rules did not call for a plunking, Tim Hudson?
“We won the game. That’s all that matters,” Hudson said. “Whenever they want to strut around when they lose, that’s fine. That’s their own thing.”
The high road. Is that so hard? Doesn’t seem so.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 66
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 63
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)