Jul 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Braves pitchers went the whole game without hitting Melky Cabrera in the 3-2 win over the Giants. Indeed, the only incident of any kind of all was when, after he hit a triple, Melky Cabrera gave some sort of “I’m number one” gesture to the booing Atlanta fans.
So, between that and yesterday, baseball’s old school rules did not call for a plunking, Tim Hudson?
“We won the game. That’s all that matters,” Hudson said. “Whenever they want to strut around when they lose, that’s fine. That’s their own thing.”
The high road. Is that so hard? Doesn’t seem so.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)