Jul 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Braves pitchers went the whole game without hitting Melky Cabrera in the 3-2 win over the Giants. Indeed, the only incident of any kind of all was when, after he hit a triple, Melky Cabrera gave some sort of “I’m number one” gesture to the booing Atlanta fans.
So, between that and yesterday, baseball’s old school rules did not call for a plunking, Tim Hudson?
“We won the game. That’s all that matters,” Hudson said. “Whenever they want to strut around when they lose, that’s fine. That’s their own thing.”
The high road. Is that so hard? Doesn’t seem so.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)