Jul 20, 2012, 6:22 AM EDT
Rays 6, Indians 0: And David Price is the first pitcher in the AL to 13 wins as he allows only two hits in seven shutout innings. Jose Molina — Jose Molina! — stole a base. Remember when I said that the Red Sox needed to be fined for allowing Adam Dunn to swipe one? The Indians should be fined and flogged.
Cubs 4, Marlins 2: The Cubs beat Mark Buehrle in his return to Chicago. They went 5-1 on the homestand. I feel like writing posts today about how they should add pieces at the deadline for their playoff run. OK, maybe not, but not a bad week for the Cubbies.
Orioles 4, Twins 3: Read the box score for the details of this game if you want them. I’m far more fixated on this post-game quote from Buck Showalter regarding the Twins offense: “That’s a pretty tough lineup to go through.” There’s an epidemic in baseball these days. And epidemic in which everyone feels the need to say nonsense about something in an effort to appear to be showing respect. I appreciate the polite impulse, but really people.
Reds 7, Diamondbacks 6: The Diamondbacks were up 6-0 after the finished batting in the sixth. Then Brandon Phillips woke up and hit a three-run homer in the sixth, a two-run double in the seventh and then scored the go-ahead run.
Tigers 5, Angels 1: The Tigers have won 10 of 12. The rest of the American League probably wishes they killed them when they had the chance.
Braves 3, Giants 2: The Braves had three hits total. Two of them were homers. Efficiency, baby.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)