Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
The early outburst ended his scoreless streak at 33 innings.
The Cubs were close enough to a deal that they had Justin Germano and Casey Coleman ready to be added to the roster tonight in case Dempster was traded before the game. Since nothing could be completed, negotiations could linger into next week. Still, it seems likely that Dempster has now made his final start for the Cubs.
The Dodgers and Red Sox are among those to have made bids for Dempster. There’s even been some thought the Cardinals could acquire him, though that seems unlikely.
Despite giving up four runs in six innings tonight, Dempster’s ERA stands at a National League-best 2.11. However, due to poor run and bullpen support, is win-loss record is 5-4.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)