Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s a special kind of trade when ten (10)(X) players change teams and Brandon Lyon is the best of the lot. But the Blue Jays and Astros did it:
- The Astros get: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco plus minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez. They also get a player to be named later. Man that guy gets traded a lot.
- The Blue Jays get: Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter
I don’t know all of those Blue Jays minor leaguers, but I can’t imagine Lyon, Happ and Carpenter rate top prospects or anything.
We’ll sift through this a bit, but my instincts tell me that this is sound and fury signifying nothing more than a lot of flotsam and jetsam shuffling.
UPDATE: Everyone can stop commenting on this trade now, because Brandon Isleib has won the day:
Now the Astros are truly Happless.
— Brandon Isleib (@earthdyedred) July 20, 2012
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8