Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s a special kind of trade when ten (10)(X) players change teams and Brandon Lyon is the best of the lot. But the Blue Jays and Astros did it:
- The Astros get: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco plus minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez. They also get a player to be named later. Man that guy gets traded a lot.
- The Blue Jays get: Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter
I don’t know all of those Blue Jays minor leaguers, but I can’t imagine Lyon, Happ and Carpenter rate top prospects or anything.
We’ll sift through this a bit, but my instincts tell me that this is sound and fury signifying nothing more than a lot of flotsam and jetsam shuffling.
UPDATE: Everyone can stop commenting on this trade now, because Brandon Isleib has won the day:
Now the Astros are truly Happless.
— Brandon Isleib (@earthdyedred) July 20, 2012
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)