Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
It’s a special kind of trade when ten (10)(X) players change teams and Brandon Lyon is the best of the lot. But the Blue Jays and Astros did it:
- The Astros get: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco plus minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez. They also get a player to be named later. Man that guy gets traded a lot.
- The Blue Jays get: Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter
I don’t know all of those Blue Jays minor leaguers, but I can’t imagine Lyon, Happ and Carpenter rate top prospects or anything.
We’ll sift through this a bit, but my instincts tell me that this is sound and fury signifying nothing more than a lot of flotsam and jetsam shuffling.
UPDATE: Everyone can stop commenting on this trade now, because Brandon Isleib has won the day:
Now the Astros are truly Happless.
— Brandon Isleib (@earthdyedred) July 20, 2012
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 18
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)