Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s a special kind of trade when ten (10)(X) players change teams and Brandon Lyon is the best of the lot. But the Blue Jays and Astros did it:
- The Astros get: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco plus minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez. They also get a player to be named later. Man that guy gets traded a lot.
- The Blue Jays get: Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter
I don’t know all of those Blue Jays minor leaguers, but I can’t imagine Lyon, Happ and Carpenter rate top prospects or anything.
We’ll sift through this a bit, but my instincts tell me that this is sound and fury signifying nothing more than a lot of flotsam and jetsam shuffling.
UPDATE: Everyone can stop commenting on this trade now, because Brandon Isleib has won the day:
Now the Astros are truly Happless.
— Brandon Isleib (@earthdyedred) July 20, 2012
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final