Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s a special kind of trade when ten (10)(X) players change teams and Brandon Lyon is the best of the lot. But the Blue Jays and Astros did it:
- The Astros get: Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco plus minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez. They also get a player to be named later. Man that guy gets traded a lot.
- The Blue Jays get: Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter
I don’t know all of those Blue Jays minor leaguers, but I can’t imagine Lyon, Happ and Carpenter rate top prospects or anything.
We’ll sift through this a bit, but my instincts tell me that this is sound and fury signifying nothing more than a lot of flotsam and jetsam shuffling.
UPDATE: Everyone can stop commenting on this trade now, because Brandon Isleib has won the day:
Now the Astros are truly Happless.
— Brandon Isleib (@earthdyedred) July 20, 2012
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)