Jul 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Brewers offered star righthanded pitcher Zack Greinke a $100-million-plus, five-year deal sometime within the past few weeks, but there’s nothing yet to indicate he will sign quickly and give up free agency, people familiar with the talks told CBSSports.com.
The quiet Greinke offer, which is said to have come more than a week ago, was said by one person to have been for close to the $112.5-million, five-year extension Matt Cain signed and may have even replicated it …
If Cole Hamels is worth $130+, you have to figure that Greinke can do better than $112.5, so it’s not terribly surprising if that’s the case.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)