Jul 20, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Heyman says the Braves and the Tigers are in the mix too. Dempster is scheduled to start tonight, setting up the possibility for one of the more dramatic trade-related things there are: the 11th hour scratch-as-harbinger of a trade.
Look, it’s dramatic relatively speaking, ok? I realize all of this trade nonsense is total nerfherder stuff.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 15
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)