Warning: Don’t use the bathroom around Michael Morse

Jul 20, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT

baby powder

Sarah Kogod of the Washington Post talked to Adam LaRoche about the Nationals’ various clubhouse pranks and the first baseman revealed this beauty from Michael Morse:

Last week, [Danny] Espinosa comes out of the bathroom, the stall, completely white. One of Mikey’s favorite tricks is to go in there with two full things of baby powder when you’re on the toilet standing over top of you, there’s nowhere to go, you can’t get out of the way, you just sit there and wear it. And then you gotta come out and make sure everybody knows you got it. Probably that one [is my favorite] because that’s one where guys will come out screaming, looking for whoever did it. And then they go in and get them back, and it kind of goes back and forth.

Kogod amusingly added that “Espinosa was not available to comment on the incident.”

1. ss - Jul 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I did the same thing to a co-worker once. He was pooping and it was funny and I covered him in baby powder and it was funnier and then he came out of the stall and it was the funniest and then I got fired immediately because WHOA BOY that is not allowed at my company.

• banksatdixie - Jul 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I’m betting they fired you because of your lack of commas.

• kopy - Jul 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM

For some reason it reads much funnier as a run-on sentence.

• Bryz - Jul 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM

It really does sound funnier when reading it without pausing.

• cur68 - Jul 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Yep, because the guy who would do that kind of thing with baby powder would talk just like he writes.

• darthicarus - Jul 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

and then? I would’ve put a few “&” in there myself for a change of pace.

2. pcase27 - Jul 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Watch out for the grammar poilice. Douche bags

3. ninjasports - Jul 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

A loose clubhouse and relaxing atmosphere, along with the young arms in Washington are good reasons that they are leading the East

• 18thstreet - Jul 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Other than the loose clubhouse and relaxing atmosphere, I totally agree with this.

• Glenn - Jul 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM

If they were losing, this would be cited as the reason for their losing attitude. They would need to get more serious. These things are never good predictors, just descriptors after the fact.

• ninjasports - Jul 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Good point, I’d say it has mostly to do with the excellent work by the pitching staff.

Time for Red Sox to be sellers?
  1. J. Hammel (2477)