Jul 21, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
Cameron Maybin missed his third straight start last night as he continues to nurse soreness in his right wrist. While Padres manager Bud Black said that a stint on the disabled list is “highly unlikely,” Corey Brock and Chelsea Janes of MLB.com report that he could sit out the rest of the weekend series against the Rockies.
“You might not see him swing a bat for a few days,” said Padres manager Bud Black. “He’s a little better [Friday], but it will probably be a couple of days until you see him.”
Maybin missed four games in late May with soreness in the very same wrist, so the injury has lingered for nearly two months now. He underwent an MRI at the time of the initial injury which ruled out any structural damage.
Maybin, who signed a five-year, $25 million extension with the Padres in March, is batting just .221/.295/.319 with four home runs, 26 RBI, 18 stolen bases and a .615 OPS in 86 games played this season. The 25-year-old center fielder has at least turned things around a bit recently, hitting .327 (18-for-55) with four doubles, a home run and an .827 OPS over his last 15 games.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)