Jul 21, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
The Rockies were in San Diego last night, but their hearts were with the victims of Friday’s movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado which killed 12 and wounded 59.
The Rockies wore “7-20″ eye black stickers and black wrist bands along with their purple jerseys. They also hung a black jersey in their dugout which read “We remember 7-20.”
Via the Associated Press, here’s a picture from before last night’s game at PETCO Park as the Padres and Rockies observed a moment of silence for those affected by the tragedy.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)