Jul 21, 2012, 11:15 AM EST
The Rockies were in San Diego last night, but their hearts were with the victims of Friday’s movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado which killed 12 and wounded 59.
The Rockies wore “7-20″ eye black stickers and black wrist bands along with their purple jerseys. They also hung a black jersey in their dugout which read “We remember 7-20.”
Via the Associated Press, here’s a picture from before last night’s game at PETCO Park as the Padres and Rockies observed a moment of silence for those affected by the tragedy.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)