Jul 22, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
According to CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, the Cubs are “optimistic” that Garza will avoid the disabled list and be able to make his next scheduled outing. X-rays came up negative on Saturday night, and the team’s medical staff is confident that the discomfort is not related to past elbow issues.
Garza, 28, has registered a cool 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP in 18 starts this season, fanning 96 batters and walking only 32 across 103 2/3 innings. The Cubs are expected to ship him to another club right around this year’s July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)