Jul 22, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
According to CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, the Cubs are “optimistic” that Garza will avoid the disabled list and be able to make his next scheduled outing. X-rays came up negative on Saturday night, and the team’s medical staff is confident that the discomfort is not related to past elbow issues.
Garza, 28, has registered a cool 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP in 18 starts this season, fanning 96 batters and walking only 32 across 103 2/3 innings. The Cubs are expected to ship him to another club right around this year’s July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29