Jul 22, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
Edwin Jackson had to settle for a one-year, $11 million free agent contract with the Nationals this past February after turning down multi-year offers from other organizations earlier in the offseason.
It’s worked out fine, with Jackson playing a major part in one of baseball’s best starting rotations, but the 28-year-old right-hander is clearly hoping things go a little better for him financially when he gets another shot to cash in this coming winter.
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, E-Jax has opted to leave agent Scott Boras and sign on with the Legacy Agency. And he will “almost certainly seek a long-term deal” if he hits the open market.
Jackson, who’s already on his eighth MLB team, has posted a 3.73 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP in 18 starts this season for first-place Washington. He’s fanned 86 batters and walked only 34 in 113 1/3 innings of work.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)