Jul 22, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
The White Sox pitcher said a left shoulder strain, which has kept him on the disabled list since May 20, has responded well to recent activity and treatment. But after previous deadlines have arrived and passed, Danks refusees to get too far. He played catch again on Sunday with good results and perhaps could throw off the mound soon.
“I feel like I’m able to bounce back a little better after I have thrown a couple of days in a row,” the 27-year-old southpaw told CSN Chicago before Chicago’s series-finale Sunday afternoon against the Tigers. “Hopefully it keeps on progressing the way we hope and want to. I’d like to get out there before the year is over.”
Danks owns a decent 4.12 career ERA and 1.31 career WHIP. The Pale Hose signed him to a five-year, $65 million contract extension this past offseason and will hope he can be a contributor down the stretch.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 45
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 35
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)