Jul 22, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The White Sox pitcher said a left shoulder strain, which has kept him on the disabled list since May 20, has responded well to recent activity and treatment. But after previous deadlines have arrived and passed, Danks refusees to get too far. He played catch again on Sunday with good results and perhaps could throw off the mound soon.
“I feel like I’m able to bounce back a little better after I have thrown a couple of days in a row,” the 27-year-old southpaw told CSN Chicago before Chicago’s series-finale Sunday afternoon against the Tigers. “Hopefully it keeps on progressing the way we hope and want to. I’d like to get out there before the year is over.”
Danks owns a decent 4.12 career ERA and 1.31 career WHIP. The Pale Hose signed him to a five-year, $65 million contract extension this past offseason and will hope he can be a contributor down the stretch.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59