Jul 22, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Cabrera’s second homer made him the second Venezuelan to reach 300 career homers. The first was Andres Galarraga, who finished his career with 399.
At 29 years and 95 days old, Cabrera is the 11th youngest player to hit 300 homers. Alex Rodriguez was the youngest in major league history, getting his 300th at 27 years and 249 days back in 2003.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)