Jul 23, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Let no one say that the Cleveland Indians don’t have a sense of humor.
Roberto Hernandez, who used to be known as Fausto Carmona, returned to the Indians yesterday after spending months in the Dominican Republic trying to get a visa in the wake of his identity fraud beef. And, in welcoming him back, his teammates gave him a birthday party. Never mind that his birthday isn’t for another month:
— Cleveland Indians(@tribeinsider) July 22, 2012
That’s three cakes: One for the 29 year-old Fausto Carmona, another for 30 year-old Fausto Carmona, and one for the 31 year-old Roberto Hernandez.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)