Jul 23, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Let no one say that the Cleveland Indians don’t have a sense of humor.
Roberto Hernandez, who used to be known as Fausto Carmona, returned to the Indians yesterday after spending months in the Dominican Republic trying to get a visa in the wake of his identity fraud beef. And, in welcoming him back, his teammates gave him a birthday party. Never mind that his birthday isn’t for another month:
— Cleveland Indians(@tribeinsider) July 22, 2012
That’s three cakes: One for the 29 year-old Fausto Carmona, another for 30 year-old Fausto Carmona, and one for the 31 year-old Roberto Hernandez.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)