Jul 23, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Out since July 7 with a sore elbow, Gavin Floyd is back from the disabled list and will start tonight versus Minnesota.
Floyd has struggled against the Twins throughout his career, going 5-11 with a 5.87 ERA in 17 starts, and that includes 1-7 with an 8.06 ERA since 2010.
Prior to the injury Floyd was showing signs of getting back on track following a terrible first half, throwing shutout ball in three of his previous four starts, so tonight’s outing is an important one.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him