Jul 23, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Out since July 7 with a sore elbow, Gavin Floyd is back from the disabled list and will start tonight versus Minnesota.
Floyd has struggled against the Twins throughout his career, going 5-11 with a 5.87 ERA in 17 starts, and that includes 1-7 with an 8.06 ERA since 2010.
Prior to the injury Floyd was showing signs of getting back on track following a terrible first half, throwing shutout ball in three of his previous four starts, so tonight’s outing is an important one.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)