Jul 23, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Out since July 7 with a sore elbow, Gavin Floyd is back from the disabled list and will start tonight versus Minnesota.
Floyd has struggled against the Twins throughout his career, going 5-11 with a 5.87 ERA in 17 starts, and that includes 1-7 with an 8.06 ERA since 2010.
Prior to the injury Floyd was showing signs of getting back on track following a terrible first half, throwing shutout ball in three of his previous four starts, so tonight’s outing is an important one.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)