Jul 23, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Out since July 7 with a sore elbow, Gavin Floyd is back from the disabled list and will start tonight versus Minnesota.
Floyd has struggled against the Twins throughout his career, going 5-11 with a 5.87 ERA in 17 starts, and that includes 1-7 with an 8.06 ERA since 2010.
Prior to the injury Floyd was showing signs of getting back on track following a terrible first half, throwing shutout ball in three of his previous four starts, so tonight’s outing is an important one.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)