Jul 23, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!
— Dempster Foundation (@RyanDempsterFDN) July 23, 2012
And his knowledge of this is rather important given that he has 10/5 rights and must approve any deal.
Now, Dempster was reported a couple of weeks ago to be amenable to any trade to a contender, and there’s no reason at present to think that Dempster isn’t going to sign off here, but the fact is that the Cubs and Braves still need his formal sign off before a deal goes down. And, as of about five minutes ago, Dempster had just arrived at the Cubs clubhouse and was not packing. He was getting ready for the day just like any other.
Question: if people with the Cubs or the Braves are leaking this story to reporters before Dempster is approached for approval, how mad do you think that makes Dempster. Pretty darn mad, I’d guess.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)