Jul 23, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!
— Dempster Foundation (@RyanDempsterFDN) July 23, 2012
And his knowledge of this is rather important given that he has 10/5 rights and must approve any deal.
Now, Dempster was reported a couple of weeks ago to be amenable to any trade to a contender, and there’s no reason at present to think that Dempster isn’t going to sign off here, but the fact is that the Cubs and Braves still need his formal sign off before a deal goes down. And, as of about five minutes ago, Dempster had just arrived at the Cubs clubhouse and was not packing. He was getting ready for the day just like any other.
Question: if people with the Cubs or the Braves are leaking this story to reporters before Dempster is approached for approval, how mad do you think that makes Dempster. Pretty darn mad, I’d guess.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)