Jul 23, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!
— Dempster Foundation (@RyanDempsterFDN) July 23, 2012
And his knowledge of this is rather important given that he has 10/5 rights and must approve any deal.
Now, Dempster was reported a couple of weeks ago to be amenable to any trade to a contender, and there’s no reason at present to think that Dempster isn’t going to sign off here, but the fact is that the Cubs and Braves still need his formal sign off before a deal goes down. And, as of about five minutes ago, Dempster had just arrived at the Cubs clubhouse and was not packing. He was getting ready for the day just like any other.
Question: if people with the Cubs or the Braves are leaking this story to reporters before Dempster is approached for approval, how mad do you think that makes Dempster. Pretty darn mad, I’d guess.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)