Jul 23, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
THERE IS NO TRADE dont know where this info came from!
— Dempster Foundation (@RyanDempsterFDN) July 23, 2012
And his knowledge of this is rather important given that he has 10/5 rights and must approve any deal.
Now, Dempster was reported a couple of weeks ago to be amenable to any trade to a contender, and there’s no reason at present to think that Dempster isn’t going to sign off here, but the fact is that the Cubs and Braves still need his formal sign off before a deal goes down. And, as of about five minutes ago, Dempster had just arrived at the Cubs clubhouse and was not packing. He was getting ready for the day just like any other.
Question: if people with the Cubs or the Braves are leaking this story to reporters before Dempster is approached for approval, how mad do you think that makes Dempster. Pretty darn mad, I’d guess.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 24
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (84)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)