Jul 24, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
We’ve heard that the Phillies offered Cole Hamels $130 million or so. But would you believe … $140 million?
Exec from outside team said heard #Phillies at least floated 6-$140M, Hamels still not said yes, which increases likelihood LH gets traded
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 24, 2012
That’s two levels of hearsay, but it is late July, so what do you expect?
If, however, Hamels is really being offered $140 million by the Phillies and he doesn’t take it, you gotta assume the Dodgers are going to unload the money truck on him this fall. Or at least assume that he believes that.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)