Jul 24, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
We’ve heard that the Phillies offered Cole Hamels $130 million or so. But would you believe … $140 million?
Exec from outside team said heard #Phillies at least floated 6-$140M, Hamels still not said yes, which increases likelihood LH gets traded
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 24, 2012
That’s two levels of hearsay, but it is late July, so what do you expect?
If, however, Hamels is really being offered $140 million by the Phillies and he doesn’t take it, you gotta assume the Dodgers are going to unload the money truck on him this fall. Or at least assume that he believes that.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)