Jul 24, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
We’ve heard that the Phillies offered Cole Hamels $130 million or so. But would you believe … $140 million?
Exec from outside team said heard #Phillies at least floated 6-$140M, Hamels still not said yes, which increases likelihood LH gets traded
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 24, 2012
That’s two levels of hearsay, but it is late July, so what do you expect?
If, however, Hamels is really being offered $140 million by the Phillies and he doesn’t take it, you gotta assume the Dodgers are going to unload the money truck on him this fall. Or at least assume that he believes that.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona