Jul 24, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
We’ve heard that the Phillies offered Cole Hamels $130 million or so. But would you believe … $140 million?
Exec from outside team said heard #Phillies at least floated 6-$140M, Hamels still not said yes, which increases likelihood LH gets traded
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 24, 2012
That’s two levels of hearsay, but it is late July, so what do you expect?
If, however, Hamels is really being offered $140 million by the Phillies and he doesn’t take it, you gotta assume the Dodgers are going to unload the money truck on him this fall. Or at least assume that he believes that.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (98)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)