Jul 24, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Frank Francisco was supposed to begin a minor-league rehab assignment today for his oblique injury, but those plans have been pushed back because the Mets closer is having knee problems.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Francisco threw a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday at Citi Field, but woke up yesterday with “right knee discomfort.” He got an anti-inflammatory injection and will presumably try again later this week.
Francisco has been out since June 23 and fill-in closer Bobby Parnell has blown two of his four save chances during that time, but also has a 2.53 ERA and 9/0 K/BB ratio in 11 innings.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)