Jul 24, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
This is the saddest game of ping pong ever.
- Grady Sizemore is making progress!
- Grady Sizemore has a setback!
- Grady Sizemore will be back soon!
- The Indians think Grady Sizemore is done for the year!
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore, rehabbing his knees and back, said he still hopes to play this season but that there is no timetable for his return. His comeback attempt has been aborted at several stages, primarily because of difficulty running on natural surfaces.
If only it was the 70s and half the league played on turf.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 51
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 79
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 13
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)