Jul 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
However, manager Ozzie Guillen has dropped Ramirez to the sixth spot in the batting order for the first time this season. Ramirez previously hit there twice in 2011 and once in 2006. And that’s it.
He’s hit third (64 times), second (19 times), or fifth (7 times) in every game this season, but Ramirez is in a prolonged slump that’s seen him bat just .200 with a .605 OPS in 38 games since early June.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)