Jul 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
However, manager Ozzie Guillen has dropped Ramirez to the sixth spot in the batting order for the first time this season. Ramirez previously hit there twice in 2011 and once in 2006. And that’s it.
He’s hit third (64 times), second (19 times), or fifth (7 times) in every game this season, but Ramirez is in a prolonged slump that’s seen him bat just .200 with a .605 OPS in 38 games since early June.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40