Jul 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
However, manager Ozzie Guillen has dropped Ramirez to the sixth spot in the batting order for the first time this season. Ramirez previously hit there twice in 2011 and once in 2006. And that’s it.
He’s hit third (64 times), second (19 times), or fifth (7 times) in every game this season, but Ramirez is in a prolonged slump that’s seen him bat just .200 with a .605 OPS in 38 games since early June.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)