Jul 24, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Brent Lillibridge is on the move again.
Traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox in the Kevin Youkilis deal and then almost immediately designated for assignment by Boston, Lillibridge has now been dealt to the Indians for minor leaguer Jose De La Torre.
He’s expected to join the Indians’ active roster and will serve in his usual utility man role. De La Torre is a 26-year-old Double-A middle reliever, so this is pretty close to a giveaway deal.
Lillibridge had an out of nowhere power surge for the White Sox last season, but he’s a 28-year-old career .212 hitter with a .630 OPS in 295 games overall.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)