Jul 24, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Brent Lillibridge is on the move again.
Traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox in the Kevin Youkilis deal and then almost immediately designated for assignment by Boston, Lillibridge has now been dealt to the Indians for minor leaguer Jose De La Torre.
He’s expected to join the Indians’ active roster and will serve in his usual utility man role. De La Torre is a 26-year-old Double-A middle reliever, so this is pretty close to a giveaway deal.
Lillibridge had an out of nowhere power surge for the White Sox last season, but he’s a 28-year-old career .212 hitter with a .630 OPS in 295 games overall.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)