Jul 24, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Brent Lillibridge is on the move again.
Traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox in the Kevin Youkilis deal and then almost immediately designated for assignment by Boston, Lillibridge has now been dealt to the Indians for minor leaguer Jose De La Torre.
He’s expected to join the Indians’ active roster and will serve in his usual utility man role. De La Torre is a 26-year-old Double-A middle reliever, so this is pretty close to a giveaway deal.
Lillibridge had an out of nowhere power surge for the White Sox last season, but he’s a 28-year-old career .212 hitter with a .630 OPS in 295 games overall.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 65
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)