Jul 24, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Philadelphia traded prospects Jarred Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, Josh Zeid, and Domingo Santana to get Pence from Houston at last year’s trade deadline and he’s played well since then, hitting .288 with 28 homers and an .848 OPS in 150 games.
He also has just one season of team control remaining and figures to earn at least $12 million in 2013 via arbitration, so Pence certainly isn’t going to be a bargain at age 30. Would the Phillies be willing to take significantly less than they gave up to get Pence in order to save that money, add a prospect or two, and clear right field for Domonic Brown?
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)