Jul 24, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Philadelphia traded prospects Jarred Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, Josh Zeid, and Domingo Santana to get Pence from Houston at last year’s trade deadline and he’s played well since then, hitting .288 with 28 homers and an .848 OPS in 150 games.
He also has just one season of team control remaining and figures to earn at least $12 million in 2013 via arbitration, so Pence certainly isn’t going to be a bargain at age 30. Would the Phillies be willing to take significantly less than they gave up to get Pence in order to save that money, add a prospect or two, and clear right field for Domonic Brown?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)