Jul 24, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The latest from Ryan Dempster:
Dempster says he’s considering his “options,” and will take his time to make a decision. Sez Cubs did not “blindside” him, but media did.
— Paul Sullivan (@PWSullivan) July 24, 2012
Last I checked a guy’s 10-5 rights do not prevent the press from reporting an impending trade that, according to multiple sources, was negotiated between the teams in question. Every indication is that it was going down until whatever happened — be it the Cubs lack of communication with Dempster or Dempster’s lack of communication with the Cubs — happened. Against that backdrop, blaming the media for anything is silly.
But it is the silly season, so …
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)