Jul 24, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The latest from Ryan Dempster:
Dempster says he’s considering his “options,” and will take his time to make a decision. Sez Cubs did not “blindside” him, but media did.
— Paul Sullivan (@PWSullivan) July 24, 2012
Last I checked a guy’s 10-5 rights do not prevent the press from reporting an impending trade that, according to multiple sources, was negotiated between the teams in question. Every indication is that it was going down until whatever happened — be it the Cubs lack of communication with Dempster or Dempster’s lack of communication with the Cubs — happened. Against that backdrop, blaming the media for anything is silly.
But it is the silly season, so …
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead