Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Hey, it may not be a big trade, but it is a trade: the Angels acquired righty Barry Enright from the D-backs in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Can’t decide if I’d be insulted of flattered to be traded for cash.
Anyway, this is a depth move, as Enright has been in Triple-A all year and will remain in Triple-A for the Angels for the foreseeable future. Last year he made seven starts for Arizona to pretty terrible results (1-4, 7.41 ERA). The year before he made 17 starts to better results (6-7, 3.91 ERA). He’s been stinkin’ up the joint for the Reno Aces this season (8-6, 5.87 ERA).
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 15
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)