Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Hey, it may not be a big trade, but it is a trade: the Angels acquired righty Barry Enright from the D-backs in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Can’t decide if I’d be insulted of flattered to be traded for cash.
Anyway, this is a depth move, as Enright has been in Triple-A all year and will remain in Triple-A for the Angels for the foreseeable future. Last year he made seven starts for Arizona to pretty terrible results (1-4, 7.41 ERA). The year before he made 17 starts to better results (6-7, 3.91 ERA). He’s been stinkin’ up the joint for the Reno Aces this season (8-6, 5.87 ERA).
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 1
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 25
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 49
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)