Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Hey, it may not be a big trade, but it is a trade: the Angels acquired righty Barry Enright from the D-backs in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Can’t decide if I’d be insulted of flattered to be traded for cash.
Anyway, this is a depth move, as Enright has been in Triple-A all year and will remain in Triple-A for the Angels for the foreseeable future. Last year he made seven starts for Arizona to pretty terrible results (1-4, 7.41 ERA). The year before he made 17 starts to better results (6-7, 3.91 ERA). He’s been stinkin’ up the joint for the Reno Aces this season (8-6, 5.87 ERA).
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)