Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Hey, it may not be a big trade, but it is a trade: the Angels acquired righty Barry Enright from the D-backs in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Can’t decide if I’d be insulted of flattered to be traded for cash.
Anyway, this is a depth move, as Enright has been in Triple-A all year and will remain in Triple-A for the Angels for the foreseeable future. Last year he made seven starts for Arizona to pretty terrible results (1-4, 7.41 ERA). The year before he made 17 starts to better results (6-7, 3.91 ERA). He’s been stinkin’ up the joint for the Reno Aces this season (8-6, 5.87 ERA).
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39