Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Hey, it may not be a big trade, but it is a trade: the Angels acquired righty Barry Enright from the D-backs in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Can’t decide if I’d be insulted of flattered to be traded for cash.
Anyway, this is a depth move, as Enright has been in Triple-A all year and will remain in Triple-A for the Angels for the foreseeable future. Last year he made seven starts for Arizona to pretty terrible results (1-4, 7.41 ERA). The year before he made 17 starts to better results (6-7, 3.91 ERA). He’s been stinkin’ up the joint for the Reno Aces this season (8-6, 5.87 ERA).
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)