Jul 24, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Now that the Marlins have thrown in the towel, vultures are starting to circle as they go down the drain.
Really: I can mix metaphors all day. I’m just getting warmed up.
Anyway, the Blue Jays are interested in Josh Johnson:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2012
Certainly Johnson would help out the rotation. And the Jays, despite all of their injuries, are only three games out of the wild card, which is apparently putting them in a buying mood. Of course, there are so many teams in the chase — thanks second wild card! — that three games may be more daunting a task than it sounds.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)