Jul 24, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
Now that the Marlins have thrown in the towel, vultures are starting to circle as they go down the drain.
Really: I can mix metaphors all day. I’m just getting warmed up.
Anyway, the Blue Jays are interested in Josh Johnson:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2012
Certainly Johnson would help out the rotation. And the Jays, despite all of their injuries, are only three games out of the wild card, which is apparently putting them in a buying mood. Of course, there are so many teams in the chase — thanks second wild card! — that three games may be more daunting a task than it sounds.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)