Jul 24, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Now that the Marlins have thrown in the towel, vultures are starting to circle as they go down the drain.
Really: I can mix metaphors all day. I’m just getting warmed up.
Anyway, the Blue Jays are interested in Josh Johnson:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2012
Certainly Johnson would help out the rotation. And the Jays, despite all of their injuries, are only three games out of the wild card, which is apparently putting them in a buying mood. Of course, there are so many teams in the chase — thanks second wild card! — that three games may be more daunting a task than it sounds.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)