Jul 24, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Now that the Marlins have thrown in the towel, vultures are starting to circle as they go down the drain.
Really: I can mix metaphors all day. I’m just getting warmed up.
Anyway, the Blue Jays are interested in Josh Johnson:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2012
Certainly Johnson would help out the rotation. And the Jays, despite all of their injuries, are only three games out of the wild card, which is apparently putting them in a buying mood. Of course, there are so many teams in the chase — thanks second wild card! — that three games may be more daunting a task than it sounds.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3