Jul 24, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Now that the Marlins have thrown in the towel, vultures are starting to circle as they go down the drain.
Really: I can mix metaphors all day. I’m just getting warmed up.
Anyway, the Blue Jays are interested in Josh Johnson:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2012
Certainly Johnson would help out the rotation. And the Jays, despite all of their injuries, are only three games out of the wild card, which is apparently putting them in a buying mood. Of course, there are so many teams in the chase — thanks second wild card! — that three games may be more daunting a task than it sounds.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (207)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)