Jul 24, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
This is what he thinks:
Everyone’s asking about my thoughts on @yankees latest #31 Ichiro. I don’t know how many wore it before or after me but I wore it the best.
— Dave Winfield (@DaveWinfieldHOF) July 24, 2012
Bob Wickman, Javier Vazquez and Hensley “Bam Bam” Muelens beg to differ.
For that matter so do Jim Wright, Roy Sherid, Charles O’Leary, Jimmy Burke, Cy Perkins, Jim Burke, John Schulte, Art Fletcher, Red Rolfe, John Corriden, Jim Turner, Johnny Sain, Jim Gleeson, Cot Deal, Mel Wright, Ed Figueroa, Jeff Torborg, Brian Dorsett, Mike Humphreys, Frank Tanana, Xavier Hernandez, Brian Boehringer, Tim Raines, Dan Naulty, Lance Johnson, Ben Ford, Glenallen Hill, Steve Karsay, Aaron Small, Jason Anderson, Jose Veras, Josh Phelps, Edwar Ramirez, Ian Kennedy, Michael Dunn and Pedro Feliciano.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)