Jul 24, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
This is what he thinks:
Everyone’s asking about my thoughts on @yankees latest #31 Ichiro. I don’t know how many wore it before or after me but I wore it the best.
— Dave Winfield (@DaveWinfieldHOF) July 24, 2012
Bob Wickman, Javier Vazquez and Hensley “Bam Bam” Muelens beg to differ.
For that matter so do Jim Wright, Roy Sherid, Charles O’Leary, Jimmy Burke, Cy Perkins, Jim Burke, John Schulte, Art Fletcher, Red Rolfe, John Corriden, Jim Turner, Johnny Sain, Jim Gleeson, Cot Deal, Mel Wright, Ed Figueroa, Jeff Torborg, Brian Dorsett, Mike Humphreys, Frank Tanana, Xavier Hernandez, Brian Boehringer, Tim Raines, Dan Naulty, Lance Johnson, Ben Ford, Glenallen Hill, Steve Karsay, Aaron Small, Jason Anderson, Jose Veras, Josh Phelps, Edwar Ramirez, Ian Kennedy, Michael Dunn and Pedro Feliciano.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 19
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)