Jul 24, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
This is what he thinks:
Everyone’s asking about my thoughts on @yankees latest #31 Ichiro. I don’t know how many wore it before or after me but I wore it the best.
— Dave Winfield (@DaveWinfieldHOF) July 24, 2012
Bob Wickman, Javier Vazquez and Hensley “Bam Bam” Muelens beg to differ.
For that matter so do Jim Wright, Roy Sherid, Charles O’Leary, Jimmy Burke, Cy Perkins, Jim Burke, John Schulte, Art Fletcher, Red Rolfe, John Corriden, Jim Turner, Johnny Sain, Jim Gleeson, Cot Deal, Mel Wright, Ed Figueroa, Jeff Torborg, Brian Dorsett, Mike Humphreys, Frank Tanana, Xavier Hernandez, Brian Boehringer, Tim Raines, Dan Naulty, Lance Johnson, Ben Ford, Glenallen Hill, Steve Karsay, Aaron Small, Jason Anderson, Jose Veras, Josh Phelps, Edwar Ramirez, Ian Kennedy, Michael Dunn and Pedro Feliciano.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)