Jul 25, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
Check this one out: San Francisco’s Angel Pagan covered a whole lot of ground in center to rob Carlos Quentin of a double or triple in a 2-2 game against the Padres on Tuesday. He then got up and made the relay to Brandon Crawford to double up Chase Headley at first base.
Thanks to Pagan’s catch, the score remained 2-2 headed to the bottom of the eighth. The Padres surely would have scored at least one run in the inning otherwise. The Giants went on to win the game 3-2 on a Crawford RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17