Jul 25, 2012, 12:57 AM EST
Check this one out: San Francisco’s Angel Pagan covered a whole lot of ground in center to rob Carlos Quentin of a double or triple in a 2-2 game against the Padres on Tuesday. He then got up and made the relay to Brandon Crawford to double up Chase Headley at first base.
Thanks to Pagan’s catch, the score remained 2-2 headed to the bottom of the eighth. The Padres surely would have scored at least one run in the inning otherwise. The Giants went on to win the game 3-2 on a Crawford RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)