Jul 25, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
Check this one out: San Francisco’s Angel Pagan covered a whole lot of ground in center to rob Carlos Quentin of a double or triple in a 2-2 game against the Padres on Tuesday. He then got up and made the relay to Brandon Crawford to double up Chase Headley at first base.
Thanks to Pagan’s catch, the score remained 2-2 headed to the bottom of the eighth. The Padres surely would have scored at least one run in the inning otherwise. The Giants went on to win the game 3-2 on a Crawford RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)