Jul 25, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
Check this one out: San Francisco’s Angel Pagan covered a whole lot of ground in center to rob Carlos Quentin of a double or triple in a 2-2 game against the Padres on Tuesday. He then got up and made the relay to Brandon Crawford to double up Chase Headley at first base.
Thanks to Pagan’s catch, the score remained 2-2 headed to the bottom of the eighth. The Padres surely would have scored at least one run in the inning otherwise. The Giants went on to win the game 3-2 on a Crawford RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)