Jul 25, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
Check this one out: San Francisco’s Angel Pagan covered a whole lot of ground in center to rob Carlos Quentin of a double or triple in a 2-2 game against the Padres on Tuesday. He then got up and made the relay to Brandon Crawford to double up Chase Headley at first base.
Thanks to Pagan’s catch, the score remained 2-2 headed to the bottom of the eighth. The Padres surely would have scored at least one run in the inning otherwise. The Giants went on to win the game 3-2 on a Crawford RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)