AT&T Park to host the semifinals and finals of the 2013 World Baseball Classic

Jul 25, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT

150px-World_Baseball_Classic_Logo_with_out_text

The folks behind the World Baseball Classic — I think it’s the Trilateral Commission and the reverse vampires — announced venues for the the Semi-Finals and Final of the 2013 World Baseball Classic: Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco.

The Final will be at AT&T Park.  Second-round games will be held at Marlins Park. First round competition will be played at both Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, the regular season and spring training homes of the Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.

The finals are in March. San Francisco can be kind of cold and rainy in March, so that should be fun.

1. Jeremy T - Jul 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I thought I remembered hearing something about games in Japan?

2. joelwrobinson - Jul 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

AT&T park sucks asshole.

• joelgold - Jul 25, 2012 at 4:28 PM

You must mean AT&T the phone company. AT&T Park, the baseball field, is awesome!

• hcf95688 - Jul 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

While it certainly DOES NOT “suck asshole” (aside: Why is that allowed here?), AT&T is *a bit* over rated. Yes, the view of the East Bay Hills, the bay, etc are awesome, but always grossed over are the crowded and narrow concources, the obstructed view seats, the seats that face second base (rather than the plate area) and the minimal number of restrooms.

• hojo20 - Jul 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The only annoying thing about AT&T….the extremely loud female PA announcer.

• willsolo - Jul 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You my friend, are out of your mind. The weather yes, but the park NO.

• nyyankeedave - Jul 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Nah…you suck more.

3. SOBEIT - Jul 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I believe you were referring to the article where Japan threatened to boycott this year if the revenue sharing arrangements were not changed. I think Japan won and they wanted a larger percentage…if my memory serves me correctly. But I don’t think it was referring to games to be played in Japan this year.

• Jeremy T - Jul 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

that is the article I was thinking of, but I thought somewhere in that article (or another one about the same story) it was mentioned that it was especially important that they get a deal done because one of the rounds was scheduled to take place in Japan. It’s certainly possible that I misremembered, though.

4. budselog - Jul 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Wow. The World Baseball Classic sucks. BIG time.

5. tcostant - Jul 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I went to the all the games in San Deigo last time and it was great baseball. No one had to tell me when to cheer or mark some noice!

• willsolo - Jul 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Did you bring your “Gamer Babe” sign?

• tcostant - Jul 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM

No they did give me “thunder sticks” for a game between powers from the East.

6. hushbrother - Jul 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM