Jul 25, 2012, 2:01 PM EST
The folks behind the World Baseball Classic — I think it’s the Trilateral Commission and the reverse vampires — announced venues for the the Semi-Finals and Final of the 2013 World Baseball Classic: Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco.
The Final will be at AT&T Park. Second-round games will be held at Marlins Park. First round competition will be played at both Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, the regular season and spring training homes of the Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
The finals are in March. San Francisco can be kind of cold and rainy in March, so that should be fun.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)