Jul 25, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
The folks behind the World Baseball Classic — I think it’s the Trilateral Commission and the reverse vampires — announced venues for the the Semi-Finals and Final of the 2013 World Baseball Classic: Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco.
The Final will be at AT&T Park. Second-round games will be held at Marlins Park. First round competition will be played at both Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, the regular season and spring training homes of the Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
The finals are in March. San Francisco can be kind of cold and rainy in March, so that should be fun.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)