Jul 25, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
The folks behind the World Baseball Classic — I think it’s the Trilateral Commission and the reverse vampires — announced venues for the the Semi-Finals and Final of the 2013 World Baseball Classic: Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco.
The Final will be at AT&T Park. Second-round games will be held at Marlins Park. First round competition will be played at both Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, the regular season and spring training homes of the Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
The finals are in March. San Francisco can be kind of cold and rainy in March, so that should be fun.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)