Jul 25, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
The folks behind the World Baseball Classic — I think it’s the Trilateral Commission and the reverse vampires — announced venues for the the Semi-Finals and Final of the 2013 World Baseball Classic: Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco.
The Final will be at AT&T Park. Second-round games will be held at Marlins Park. First round competition will be played at both Chase Field in Phoenix and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, the regular season and spring training homes of the Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
The finals are in March. San Francisco can be kind of cold and rainy in March, so that should be fun.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)