Jul 25, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
David Ortiz‘s recovery from an Achilles’ tendon injury is going well enough that the Red Sox designated hitter is out of his protective walking boot and told Rob Bradford of WEEI.com that he hopes to begin swinging a bat as soon as this weekend.
Before then Ortiz will be reevaluated by team doctors Friday, which will determine his rehab timetable.
Ortiz has been out since July 16, but no tear or rupture was discovered in his Achilles’ tendon and it sounds like there’s some chance he could come off the disabled list when eligible next week.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)