Jul 25, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
David Ortiz‘s recovery from an Achilles’ tendon injury is going well enough that the Red Sox designated hitter is out of his protective walking boot and told Rob Bradford of WEEI.com that he hopes to begin swinging a bat as soon as this weekend.
Before then Ortiz will be reevaluated by team doctors Friday, which will determine his rehab timetable.
Ortiz has been out since July 16, but no tear or rupture was discovered in his Achilles’ tendon and it sounds like there’s some chance he could come off the disabled list when eligible next week.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming