Jul 25, 2012, 4:29 PM EST
With two apiece from Jose Reyes and Donovan Solano (Hanley Ramirez‘s replacement at third base), the Marlins became the first team this year to swipe seven bases in a game. They were 7-for-8 in steal attempts, all while Hanson was in the game. And catcher Brian McCann had nothing to do with the lone caught stealing, as Reyes was caught taking off from second base by Hanson in the third.
It was the first time the Marlins had swiped seven bases in a game since May 27, 2002. Three of the four teams to do it since 2010 have actually gone on to lose the game.
Hanson walked seven batters in his five innings, making him the first pitcher to walk seven in a win since the Angels’ Ervin Santana did it last Sept. 1. He also struck out seven. He gave up three hits, all of them doubles, but only Justin Ruggiano‘s in the third inning did any damage.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40