Jul 25, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
With two apiece from Jose Reyes and Donovan Solano (Hanley Ramirez‘s replacement at third base), the Marlins became the first team this year to swipe seven bases in a game. They were 7-for-8 in steal attempts, all while Hanson was in the game. And catcher Brian McCann had nothing to do with the lone caught stealing, as Reyes was caught taking off from second base by Hanson in the third.
It was the first time the Marlins had swiped seven bases in a game since May 27, 2002. Three of the four teams to do it since 2010 have actually gone on to lose the game.
Hanson walked seven batters in his five innings, making him the first pitcher to walk seven in a win since the Angels’ Ervin Santana did it last Sept. 1. He also struck out seven. He gave up three hits, all of them doubles, but only Justin Ruggiano‘s in the third inning did any damage.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59