Jul 25, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
The Braves are apparently done with Ryan Dempster. Braves’ GM Frank Wren was on 680 The Fan in Atlanta this morning, and he told Sandra Golden that a deal with Dempster is “highly unlikely,” and that the Braves “had paramaters that expired yesterday.” He added “we’ve moved on.”
This is a pretty big blow to the Cubs. They weren’t likely to get an offer as good as the one the Braves gave them in Randall Delgado and, if the Braves are truly out of it, they’ll apparently have to see if they can pry something better out of the Dodgers.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 34
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'