Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval sustained a strained left hamstring while stretching for a ball at first base last night, but the Giants are gonna wait and see if it warrants a trip to the DL:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval would get aggressive treatment on Wednesday and again when the team has a scheduled day off on Thursday. He indicated that if trainers believe Sandoval will be out a week or less, the club could play short so they can have his services available to them again as soon as possible.
“Aggressive treatment” is an awesome phrase. All kinds of mental images there. But I suppose that’s not important right now. Getting Sandoval’s bat — one of the only day-in-day-out threats in the Giants lineup is key here.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy