Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval sustained a strained left hamstring while stretching for a ball at first base last night, but the Giants are gonna wait and see if it warrants a trip to the DL:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval would get aggressive treatment on Wednesday and again when the team has a scheduled day off on Thursday. He indicated that if trainers believe Sandoval will be out a week or less, the club could play short so they can have his services available to them again as soon as possible.
“Aggressive treatment” is an awesome phrase. All kinds of mental images there. But I suppose that’s not important right now. Getting Sandoval’s bat — one of the only day-in-day-out threats in the Giants lineup is key here.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)