Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval sustained a strained left hamstring while stretching for a ball at first base last night, but the Giants are gonna wait and see if it warrants a trip to the DL:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval would get aggressive treatment on Wednesday and again when the team has a scheduled day off on Thursday. He indicated that if trainers believe Sandoval will be out a week or less, the club could play short so they can have his services available to them again as soon as possible.
“Aggressive treatment” is an awesome phrase. All kinds of mental images there. But I suppose that’s not important right now. Getting Sandoval’s bat — one of the only day-in-day-out threats in the Giants lineup is key here.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 27
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 150
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (150)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (76)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)