Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval sustained a strained left hamstring while stretching for a ball at first base last night, but the Giants are gonna wait and see if it warrants a trip to the DL:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval would get aggressive treatment on Wednesday and again when the team has a scheduled day off on Thursday. He indicated that if trainers believe Sandoval will be out a week or less, the club could play short so they can have his services available to them again as soon as possible.
“Aggressive treatment” is an awesome phrase. All kinds of mental images there. But I suppose that’s not important right now. Getting Sandoval’s bat — one of the only day-in-day-out threats in the Giants lineup is key here.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8