Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval sustained a strained left hamstring while stretching for a ball at first base last night, but the Giants are gonna wait and see if it warrants a trip to the DL:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval would get aggressive treatment on Wednesday and again when the team has a scheduled day off on Thursday. He indicated that if trainers believe Sandoval will be out a week or less, the club could play short so they can have his services available to them again as soon as possible.
“Aggressive treatment” is an awesome phrase. All kinds of mental images there. But I suppose that’s not important right now. Getting Sandoval’s bat — one of the only day-in-day-out threats in the Giants lineup is key here.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)