Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday.
5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury.
Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining the White Sox, but the injury bug has followed him over from Boston. No word yet on how long he’ll be out. In the meantime Eduardo Escobar will likely get most of the time at third base for the Chisox.
I love to say “Chisox.”
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)