Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday.
5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury.
Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining the White Sox, but the injury bug has followed him over from Boston. No word yet on how long he’ll be out. In the meantime Eduardo Escobar will likely get most of the time at third base for the Chisox.
I love to say “Chisox.”
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)