Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday.
5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury.
Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining the White Sox, but the injury bug has followed him over from Boston. No word yet on how long he’ll be out. In the meantime Eduardo Escobar will likely get most of the time at third base for the Chisox.
I love to say “Chisox.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (77)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)