Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday.
5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury.
Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining the White Sox, but the injury bug has followed him over from Boston. No word yet on how long he’ll be out. In the meantime Eduardo Escobar will likely get most of the time at third base for the Chisox.
I love to say “Chisox.”
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 1
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 38
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72