Jul 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Various reports have the Phillies shopping impending free agent Shane Victorino and according to Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer the Reds turned down a deal for the 31-year-old center fielder in exchange for reliever Logan Ondrusek.
Ondrusek is a 26-year-old right-hander whose 2.70 ERA this season and 3.27 career mark are both great-looking, but his 105/67 K/BB ratio in 157 innings is considerably less impressive. This year he has 25 strikeouts compared to 19 walks in 37 innings, so the 2.70 ERA comes via plenty of smoke and mirrors.
All of which means that, if Daugherty’s report is accurate, the Phillies aren’t asking a whole lot for Victorino and the Reds aren’t exactly desperate to bring him in as a leadoff/center field replacement for Drew Stubbs.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)