Jul 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Various reports have the Phillies shopping impending free agent Shane Victorino and according to Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer the Reds turned down a deal for the 31-year-old center fielder in exchange for reliever Logan Ondrusek.
Ondrusek is a 26-year-old right-hander whose 2.70 ERA this season and 3.27 career mark are both great-looking, but his 105/67 K/BB ratio in 157 innings is considerably less impressive. This year he has 25 strikeouts compared to 19 walks in 37 innings, so the 2.70 ERA comes via plenty of smoke and mirrors.
All of which means that, if Daugherty’s report is accurate, the Phillies aren’t asking a whole lot for Victorino and the Reds aren’t exactly desperate to bring him in as a leadoff/center field replacement for Drew Stubbs.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)