Jul 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Various reports have the Phillies shopping impending free agent Shane Victorino and according to Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer the Reds turned down a deal for the 31-year-old center fielder in exchange for reliever Logan Ondrusek.
Ondrusek is a 26-year-old right-hander whose 2.70 ERA this season and 3.27 career mark are both great-looking, but his 105/67 K/BB ratio in 157 innings is considerably less impressive. This year he has 25 strikeouts compared to 19 walks in 37 innings, so the 2.70 ERA comes via plenty of smoke and mirrors.
All of which means that, if Daugherty’s report is accurate, the Phillies aren’t asking a whole lot for Victorino and the Reds aren’t exactly desperate to bring him in as a leadoff/center field replacement for Drew Stubbs.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)