Jul 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Giambi was placed on the shelf with a viral infection and the 41-year-old told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that he’s been feeling sick for the past three weeks.
His last start was July 1, but Giambi was relieved that “they found something” via blood tests because he was worried “it was just Father Time catching up with me.”
Whatever chance the Rockies had of trading Giambi before July 31 is now gone, although his potential value as a bench bat was pretty minimal anyway.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 77
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47