Jul 26, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
Carlos Gomez killed a baseball during the first inning of yesterday’s Brewers-Phillies game. Unfortunately for him it went foul. Fortunately for the rest of us, Gomez either didn’t watch it or didn’t look to the umpires, because he thought it was a homer and trotted all the way around the bases anyway:
Best part: he struck out on the very next pitch. That’s some high-quality entertainment right there.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 34
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 47
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105