Jul 26, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
Carlos Gomez killed a baseball during the first inning of yesterday’s Brewers-Phillies game. Unfortunately for him it went foul. Fortunately for the rest of us, Gomez either didn’t watch it or didn’t look to the umpires, because he thought it was a homer and trotted all the way around the bases anyway:
Best part: he struck out on the very next pitch. That’s some high-quality entertainment right there.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17