Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
For a guy who — if you believed the early reports from the trampoline incident — had his last rites administered and was 3/4 of the way down the white tunnel of light, his ancestors beckoning to him to join them, Joba Chamberlain is doing pretty well.
In fact, he threw 11 pitches in a rehab appearances yesterday, which was his second inning of work in as many days. Overall he’s made five rehab appearances, throwing seven innings, allowing one earned run and striking out seven.
He looks Yankees-bound. Probably within the next couple of weeks.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)