Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
For a guy who – if you believed the early reports from the trampoline incident – had his last rites administered and was 3/4 of the way down the white tunnel of light, his ancestors beckoning to him to join them, Joba Chamberlain is doing pretty well.
In fact, he threw 11 pitches in a rehab appearances yesterday, which was his second inning of work in as many days. Overall he’s made five rehab appearances, throwing seven innings, allowing one earned run and striking out seven.
He looks Yankees-bound. Probably within the next couple of weeks.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 33
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)