Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
For a guy who — if you believed the early reports from the trampoline incident — had his last rites administered and was 3/4 of the way down the white tunnel of light, his ancestors beckoning to him to join them, Joba Chamberlain is doing pretty well.
In fact, he threw 11 pitches in a rehab appearances yesterday, which was his second inning of work in as many days. Overall he’s made five rehab appearances, throwing seven innings, allowing one earned run and striking out seven.
He looks Yankees-bound. Probably within the next couple of weeks.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)