Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
For a guy who – if you believed the early reports from the trampoline incident – had his last rites administered and was 3/4 of the way down the white tunnel of light, his ancestors beckoning to him to join them, Joba Chamberlain is doing pretty well.
In fact, he threw 11 pitches in a rehab appearances yesterday, which was his second inning of work in as many days. Overall he’s made five rehab appearances, throwing seven innings, allowing one earned run and striking out seven.
He looks Yankees-bound. Probably within the next couple of weeks.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)