Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
For a guy who – if you believed the early reports from the trampoline incident – had his last rites administered and was 3/4 of the way down the white tunnel of light, his ancestors beckoning to him to join them, Joba Chamberlain is doing pretty well.
In fact, he threw 11 pitches in a rehab appearances yesterday, which was his second inning of work in as many days. Overall he’s made five rehab appearances, throwing seven innings, allowing one earned run and striking out seven.
He looks Yankees-bound. Probably within the next couple of weeks.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)