Jul 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
In terms of vagueness and TransactionSpeak, this from Rob Bradford of WEEI may be the most trade deadline story I’ve seen in a while:
According to a major league source, while the Red Sox have fielded some exploratory inquiries on right-hander Josh Beckett, such calls to this point have been little more than exercises in kicking the tires.
This reminds me of a Firesign Theatre line. Like “There was something fishy about the butler. I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.” It just kinda rolls, says nothing and ultimately makes me laugh.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)