Jul 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
In terms of vagueness and TransactionSpeak, this from Rob Bradford of WEEI may be the most trade deadline story I’ve seen in a while:
According to a major league source, while the Red Sox have fielded some exploratory inquiries on right-hander Josh Beckett, such calls to this point have been little more than exercises in kicking the tires.
This reminds me of a Firesign Theatre line. Like “There was something fishy about the butler. I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.” It just kinda rolls, says nothing and ultimately makes me laugh.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)