Jul 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Update: Troy Renck, who covers the Rockies for the Denver Post counters this report. He just tweeted that, based on his conversations with Tulowitzki, Tulo is not done. He’s currently four and a half weeks out of surgery with an estimated recovery time of eight weeks.
Rockies star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, originally expected to be out six or eight weeks after groin surgery in late June, could miss the remainder of the season, people familiar with the situation say.
While Tulowitzki could possibly be ready to play late in the year, the Rockies have vowed not to push it, considering they are a non-contender and he is a foundation player. The club understands it may be a lost year for Tulo.
At 17 and a half games back, the Rockies season is toast anyway, so no sense in rushing him back. If his season is over, it ends at .287/.360/.486 with eight homers and 27 RBI in 47 games.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)